Human Resources Department
13065 Orono Parkway
Elk River, MN 55330
June 19, 2015
Position: Ice Arena Lead Worker
Location: Elk River Ice Arena, 1000 School Street
Pay rate: $19.98 per hour to start – pay range is $19.98 to $24.97
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, evenings and weekends. Will transition to daytime hours during less busy season. Hours of work will depend on scheduled ice time.
Position summary: Maintains overall authority at the arena in the absence of the Arena Manager and the Maintenance Supervisor, performs a variety of tasks in the operation of the arena and the surrounding grounds.
Requirements: Qualified candidates will have a high school diploma or the equivalent, valid driver’s license with a good driving record, two years of experience being in a lead position where you directed the work of others, and one year general maintenance experience.
Preference will be given to candidates with experience in staff supervision, customer relations and crowd control; postsecondary training in arena maintenance or related field; and experience in ice arena maintenance.
Deadline: Monday, July 6, 2015, 5:00 p.m.
Completed City of Elk River application packet is required for consideration. Submit completed application to:
Elk River City Hall
13065 Orono Parkway
Elk River, MN 55330
If you require a particular accommodation with the application process, please call 763.635.1000.
The City of Elk River is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Interested candidates should send letter of interest and resume by July 31 to the Search Committee via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via US Mail to Kellogg Arena GM Search Committee, Calhoun County Visitors Bureau, 34 W. Jackson St, Battle Creek, MI 49017
Connecticut Rink is seeking candidates for full-time Assistant Hockey Director and Pro Shop Manager for two sheet facility. Please send cover letter and resume’ in PDF format to
Connecticut Rink is seeking candidates for full-time Assistant Hockey Director and Pro Shop Manager for two sheet facility. Please send cover letter and resume’ in PDF format to ConnecticutRink@gmail.com
ASSISTANT HOCKEY DIRECTOR
To assist the Hockey Director of all hockey operations that is developed in the facility. She/he oversees and coordinates the youth and adult leagues, summer camps and specialty clinics for rink management.
1. In charge of the coordination of all programs related to hockey, other than the Learn-to-Skate program.
2. In charge of hiring all hockey school or camp instructors, as well as training and discipline.
3. Demonstrate knowledge of company policies and programs. Administer the same, and lead by example.
4. Solicit and participate in external sales and promotions.
5. Show an ability to deal with the public in a friendly and courteous manner.
6. Interact with other managers and supervisors to ensure open lines of communication between the hockey director and rink management.
7. Set up and enforce the rules and regulations that govern all Stamford Twin Rink hockey leagues and camps.
8. Maintain and administer all the financial information about the hockey programs offered.
9. Maintain high class average, accurate school records, maximum number of classes per hour on the ice and control costs and payroll.
10. Perform other such duties as requested by the Hockey Director.
PRO SHOP MANAGER
Ensure that the retail business functions smoothly and efficiently, and provide quality goods and services to the customer. The Pro Shop Manager is ultimately responsible for complete customer satisfaction. Answering customers’ complaints and inquiries, and ensuring that customers receive prompt service and quality goods, is the primary duty of Pro Shop Manager.
1. Supervises a force of rink employees responsible for the operation of the pro shop in a working Ice Rink.
2. Coordinate and direct all aspects of retail trade, including ordering, inspection, pricing, and inventorying of goods. Obtain additional inventory as appropriate.
3. Monitoring sales activities, monitoring cash flow and sales, developing merchandising plans, maintaining good customer relations, monitoring profits and losses and coordinating displays, advertisements and sales announcements. Monitoring pricing and promotion policies of resale items.
4. Set sales goals, create budgets, develop procedures to direct and improve customer services, define department staff’s responsibilities, and delegates authority within the pro shop. They also may open and close the store.
5. Responsible for interviewing, hiring and training employees, as well as preparing work schedules and assigning workers to their specific duties.
6. Act as liaison between Rink Management staff and Pro Shop staff, insuring that accurate information is available, and being transmitted correctly to customers.
7. Monitor cleanliness, organization, and neatness of sales and storage areas and merchandise displays.
8. Monitor Pro Shop staff in areas of speed, accuracy, and courtesy in dealing with customers. Teach Pro Shop staff salesmanship.
9. Interacts with other managers and supervisors to ensure all required work is completed accurately and on time.
10. Responsible for performing work evaluations on Pro Shop employees and submitting them in a timely manner to management as per a prearranged schedule.
11. Knowledgeable in marketing merchandise and rink services. Keep abreast of all new items on the market for the skaters. Be able to fit skates, clothing and equipment.
The Yankton Area Ice Association is looking for figure skating coaches for the 2015-16 season. Responsibilities include teaching regular skating classes on Tuesday & Thursday afternoons and Saturday mornings, coordinating routines for end-of-season ice show and providing private lessons to skaters. Applicants must be enthusiastic, energetic, creative, and dependable. Must be ISI certified or willing to become ISI certified. For more information, contact Pam Erickson at 605-660-3774 or email@example.com.
R&R Specialties Inc, an ice rink supplier, with a small repair shop in Somerset, WI is looking for a qualified technician to assist in the repair of Zamboni Ice Resurfacers. We are the Upper-Midwest Parts and Service Distributor for the Zamboni Co. Our workload finds us needing additional help. Auto experience would be preferred but any type of mechanical repair experience would also be considered. Knowledge of hydraulics and propane fuel systems is a plus but training is available. The right person will be involved in troubleshooting machine problems and making necessary repairs. Most work will be done at our shop but some travel to arena sites will be needed. Come join us in this specialized field.